Monday, June 30, 2008

Life in the 21st Century...

Well for starters the name of the tax service I used, FreeTaxes???

Anyway, for the last few years I have been filing my tax return electronically. When you do this, you sign your return electronically too. (Don't ask, I have no idea how that works, except that you click on the indicated button and it's done.) So, last week I received a letter from the IRS. My first thought was "Oh, no! They want money!" What they wanted though was for me to fill out and sign a 8453-OL form; why? because I didn't fill it out and send it along with my original return, which as I said was filed electronically. Incase you were wondering, the 8453-OL is the form you fill out when you are signing your return electronically. Not wanting to be in trouble with the IRS, I filled out the form, put it in an envelope, addressed it, put a stamp on and mailed it off!

No comments: