Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sometimes it takes awhile to get things done




 I work in a research library where there are hundreds and hundreds of books. Not only are there books on shelves, but there are books at the desks of library staff, who are doing something to that book. Ordering, receiving, cataloging, marking, conserving and many other things. This volume was going to the commercial binder to be bound in that thick buckram that library books are always bound in.

 
However, at times things just don't get done; no matter how hard or how long it takes. Note the date; Fegbruary, 1947. So, for 62 years this book has been floating around the Government Information Department, where I work, and trynig it's hardest to be noticed and get bound! Now, having worked in the library as the one person who sent books to be bound, this brings a smile to my face. My job is different now, but by God I know I can get this book bound!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Very cool find! Must be an interesting job!